The 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan is a popular compact SUV that offers a blend of style, performance, and versatility.
If you’re in the market for a vehicle with ample cargo space and modern features, the Tiguan might be worth considering.
We will dive into the price range, available models, as well as the pros and cons of the 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan in this post.
The 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan is available in multiple trim levels, each offering different features and options.
The base model, known as the S, has a starting price of around $26,440.
As you move up the trim levels, such as the SE, SEL, and SEL R-Line, the price increases.
The top-of-the-line Tiguan SEL R-Line Black starts at approximately $40,740.
Keep in mind that additional packages and options can further increase the price.
Models and Features
The 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan comes in several models.
Here’s a brief overview of the available models and their notable features:
Tiguan S: The base model comes with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, LED headlights, a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto compatibility.
Tiguan SE: Building on the S model, the SE adds features like a power liftgate, heated front seats, a larger 8-inch touchscreen, and advanced driver-assistance systems such as blind-spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control.
Tiguan SEL: The SEL model enhances the Tiguan with a panoramic sunroof, a digital gauge cluster, leatherette upholstery, a power-adjustable driver’s seat, and a larger 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
Tiguan SEL R-Line: This model adds sporty R-Line styling elements, 20-inch wheels, and a premium Harman Kardon audio system for an enhanced driving experience.
Tiguan SEL R-Line Black: The top-tier Tiguan model combines the features of the SEL R-Line with black exterior accents, 20-inch black alloy wheels, and a black headliner.
Pros of the 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan
- Spacious Interior: The Tiguan offers one of the most spacious interiors in its class, with ample legroom and headroom for both front and rear passengers. The sliding and reclining rear seats provide flexibility and comfort.
- User-Friendly Technology: The Tiguan features an infotainment system with a responsive touchscreen and smartphone integration options. The available digital gauge cluster adds a modern touch to the driving experience.
- Smooth and Comfortable Ride: The Tiguan’s suspension system is designed to absorb bumps and road imperfections, resulting in a smooth and comfortable ride. The well-insulated cabin further enhances the overall driving experience.
- Impressive Cargo Space: With its sliding and folding rear seats, the Tiguan offers excellent cargo versatility. You can expand the cargo area to accommodate larger items or fold the seats down for maximum cargo capacity.
Cons of the 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan
- Modest Engine Performance: While the Tiguan’s turbocharged four-cylinder engine is adequate for everyday driving, some drivers may find it lacking in terms of outright acceleration and performance compared to rivals with more powerful engines.
- Limited Fuel Efficiency: The Tiguan’s fuel efficiency is average for its class, but it falls behind some competitors in terms of mpg ratings. If you prioritize fuel economy, there are more efficient options available.
- Third-Row Seating Not Available: Unlike some competitors, the Tiguan does not offer a third-row seating option. If you need seating for more than five passengers, you may need to consider other SUVs in the market.
The 2022 Volkswagen Tiguan offers a stylish and spacious compact SUV option with a range of models to suit different preferences.
If you want interior space, modern features and a pleasant driving experience, the 2022 Tiguan is worth exploring!